In the past 2 years, I was lost. I didn’t know what I want in life and what life wants from me. I was confused because no matter what I was doing, it didn’t seem to be enough to make me feel content or fulfilled. I started doing more self-reflection and eventually realized that…
I don’t know myself very well.
Welp. And because I don’t know myself well, I don’t know how to answer all of the other scary life questions like what makes me happy, what is success to me, what my purpose is, and what I can offer the world. This is holding me back from living my best life because I don’t know what “my best life” looks like yet.
I’ve tried a lot of things, and journaling is one of the most powerful tools for my self-discovering journey (…also the cheapest tool #blessed). Here is some question prompts that have helped me. Be intentional, honest, and write down everything that comes up. Remember, it’s only you and your thoughts on paper. Your journal is a judgement-free space, so be vulnerable.
- What does your dream life look like (if nothing is a problem)?
- List 5 people you admire. Why are you drawn to them?
- If a genie wants to grant you 3 wishes, what would they be?
- If the same genie can remove a struggle from your life, what would it be?
- What are the best decisions you’ve made so far in your life?
- What are the life-changing moments for you? How did they impact you?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What are you most proud of?
- Describe yourself with 10 words.
- How do you think your family and friends will describe you?
- What made you happy when you were a child?
- Do you love yourself? What do you love most about yourself?
And…that’s it! These are all for now. Is there any question prompts that had helped you in the past? If yes, please share them in the comments below I’d love to do them. Otherwise, happy journaling!